Friday, March 16, 2007

SNATCH THIEF ON A MOTORCYCLE

Something happened when I was on my way to work this morning. For your info, our staff carpark is not attached to the office building. Instead, it is a short walk away.

After I got down from my car, I noticed that there’s a motorcyclist who was riding very slowly beside the parking area and was watching me at the same time. He moved on after a while, so I thought perhaps he’s just a passerby. I continued walking, not suspecting anything. But as I approached the ‘metal chain’ to cross the road, I saw him there at the corner waiting! I couldn’t see him earlier because he was hidden by a Kembara parked at the corner.

I came to a halt as I saw him, wondering what was it that he wanted. I looked at him and he looked back at me, and I realized it’s my handbag that he’s after. He was just waiting for me to cross the road so that he could snatch my handbag and speed off.

Luckily at that time, two fellow colleagues were walking towards my direction. One from the left and another from the back. I think he realized that he’s not going to get what he wanted as I wouldn’t move and there were also people approaching. So eventually, he rode off.

Just for the record, he’s wearing a tinted shield helmet with sunglasses and dark colour jacket – totally unrecognizable, provided if someone can remember his plate number.

It pays to be fully alert of your surrounding at all times. You'll never know what's gonna happen in the world these days.

1 comment:

Lisa Resnick said...

I'm personally a big fan of life-as-it-is-life blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path