Thursday, March 8, 2007

BACK TO MEMORY LANE - PART 2

Several months went on, except for this particular day which I must mention - not to be missed out. Because it was the first time ever that I've actually spoken to B.

One particular day, me and S decided to crash into a Math class conducted by a different lecturer from ours - because we heard that he's good, not like ours who only seemed to be speaking his own alien language, leaving everybody clueless and all we can see was the endless scribbling on the whiteboard and flashing of slides.

Anyway, back to the class we crashed. As we walked in, we can see that the class was full with practically no seats left. We were like "Oops, this is awkward" when suddenly we noticed a familiar face, B, who was sitting on his own because his buddies decided to skip class that day to do some last minute revision for a test later. By the way, heard that B is a genius, which explained why he still went to class.

Well, remember in Part 1 when B smiled to me after class one day and I was like "Er, ok..."? Yeah, so we tried hard looking for seats to avoid any possible awkward situation. At that time, he had noticed and was already smiling to us. ;P

Then the lecturer walked in and the class started to settle and we have not found a place to sit. So the seats beside B seemed pretty much like the only option. And after some quick discussion with S, we decided that ok, let's just sit with B, no choice.

I walked first, and half way through, I turned back to look at S and guess what? She had went off to the other direction and had taken a seat somewhere else, and left me there on my own. Out of courtesy and of course lacking in time, I had to sit down beside B. I turned to S, gave her the 'just you wait look' and she was there laughing all the way through class.

So I was there stuck with B, and he happily introduced himself and made small talks. And of course, S was watching and laughing to herself - enjoying the show.

An hour never seemed so long... And I can't wait to go. B was down with flu and he had forgotten to bring his hanky along. His nose started running and he was sniffing hard and wiping away with his hands. I looked into my bag to offer him some tissue, which I've always brought with me. But too bad, I ran out. So I had to just sit there and pretend as if nothing happens and return his occasional smiles, when in actual fact, I was like "Eww..."

One thing I found out though and rather impressed. B definitely has something in his brain, like what I've heard. The lecturer would be working on the solutions on the whiteboard and before he could finish, B would have the answers - without having to write anything on the paper, everything was working in the brain. Boy, was I impressed!

So this was what I derived from the Math class : Eww + Brainy = B

Anyway, as the class ended, we said bye and went our separate ways. Yes, you guessed it right - S got a good scolding from me for being such a 'great friend'.

This chapter marked the begining of Part 3.


2 comments:

Jason said...

ewwwwwwww tht fler! Oh I like S already, what a graceful move she pulled! Splendid!

U made it sound like B was such a dork tht time tht u didn't even wanna sit beside him?! Reminds me of those teenage movies where the cheerleaders pick on the nerds n all..

terrible u..

Annette K said...

hehehee... well, no comment. :P

n S, what can i say? useless! hahahaa...

by the way, in case anyone is wondering, jason is B's great buddy. guess you can tell from his comments. :P