Wednesday, March 7, 2007

ROLEX WATCH

I had the privilege to see a Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II up close and actually touch it - at work today.

To most of you, you would think "So? It's just another watch with a brand."

Well, yeah, so? That's my point! It's just so ordinary, just like any other watches - superficially of course, not taking into account whatever special function that it has. But the outlook is still no big deal. But it costs a whopping RM15,000.00! And that is after corporate discount, mind you. Imagine how much you can do with that amount of money!

To be fair, I gave it a closer look to perhaps justify the price.
Touch : The metal feels the same to me. No significant difference.
Weight : Not extra heavy or extra light.
Looks : As mentioned above, normal.

So call me realistic or whatever that you deem suitable, but it still does not justify the RM15,000.00! Well for now, at least. But even if when the time comes that I can afford this as a necessity [Dream on!], I don't think I would make this kind of purchases. I would rather use the money for other purposes. ;P Of course I would not refuse this as a gift though... [**HINT** Darling... Hehehee...]

All things said, it is still up to individuals to decide as to which brand of watches that would suit their tastes and lifestyles better. So if there's anybody related to Rolex in any way that is reading this right now, don't sue me! This is not an attempt to influence anyone on their purchases or anything like that. Just a personal opinion from a little lady. Hehehee...

Disclaimer : This article is solely for entertainment purposes and is not valid for use in court.


No comments: