Thursday, June 21, 2007

SALE ???

There is this particular shop that I must really mention, selling rosewood furnitures. The business is barely surviving, but it is still there after so long - I suppose a couple of years or maybe longer!

The reasons why it's not doing so well :
1. Location - the shoplot area is not well populated and rather secluded
2. Too pricey
3. Shop is hot and humid - air conditioning is only switched on when customer walks in (goodness...)

I drive pass the shop quite often and I always make it a point to just look inside to see whether there's customers. 99% of the time is nil.

Then one fine day, came up a signage ''Stock Clearance Sale''. You start seeing customers in there every now and then. And it ended. Looked inside, not much sold. ;P

A couple of months passed, another signage came up. "Moving Out Sale". Call me bad, but I was thinking : "Very well, you're finally giving up on this non-profitable business. Good that you realized that soon enough." I mean, c'mon... Why hang on to a business that is not working? It's a waste of fund, time and effort. Renting a shoplot is never cheap. Even if the shoplot is self-owned, hiring of workers still eats up the bank account. Yes, you guessed it right. I have not seen the owners before. There are only 2 foreign workers looking after the place - provided if they are the 'owners'. Anyway, again, nothing much moved. ;P

However, that's not the end of the story. I thought it is, it's supposed to be... 'Cus there was the 'Moving Out Sale'. But believe it or not, they never moved away, they're still there! Everything was in the exact condition as before, nothing's changed.

And yesterday, there's a new signage at the shop "Mid Year Sale"! ;D What the... Hehehee...

So now, hubby and I are anticipating for "Year End Sale" to appear. And maybe later "New Year Sale", "Mega Sale", etc... ;P Hehehee...

No comments: