Monday, June 30, 2008

MILESTONE FOR CHLOE

I'm on leave today, so spent the whole day at home with Chloe. As usual, she'd follow me around the house, poking her nosy little nose in everything.

However, something big happened today! Chloe went down the stairs all by herself! It came as a great surprise 'cus all the while, she has been a little chicken that would never try no matter what.

She learnt to go up the stairs after around 2 weeks staying with us. But she could never, never get down. We tried all means just to train her but nothing works. She would just stay up there, whining for help - regardless of the circumstances. So we finally came to the conclusion that perhaps she's too small and the steps are too big for her. Just let her be and we shall carry her down each time.

Then out of a sudden, after a whole month, she transformed into a pro!

She was actually upstairs with me, when I realized that she's missing. Searched every nook and crany, and she's just not there. Feeling puzzled, I called out to her. And to my surprise, I heard her downstairs and in no time, she started walking up the stairs and appeared right in front of me. I almost couldn't believe my eyes!

I tested her after that and she became her usual dependant self, wanting to be picked up. But I continued to walk and just left her there. Few steps down and she followed. :> When I turned back to check on her, again she stopped and gave me the "Me? Me?" look. Hehehee... But I carried on and again she followed. From that moment on, there's no turning back. She's finally learnt the skill!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once she learned how to go downstairs, she started leaving her poo upstairs which she never did before she knows how to go down... bad little baby.