Tuesday, May 13, 2008

TEAM BUILDING - PART 3

The team building program was really so taxing... I ended up being sick for a pro-longed period of time. Finally stopped coughing on Saturday, May 10 - after a whole month!

But asked if I regret going, my answer is of course not. It's really fun and a great experience 'cus we did things that we normally wouldn't do and the places that we went to were like so awesome! And me, if you know me personally, you'll know that I'm not made for this kind of stuffs. Never in a 100 years would I go for something like this! Hehehee... But surprisingly, I enjoyed it very much and I can't believe that I'm actually saying that. :P

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I returned home from the team building on Apr 10. The very next day, my whole body was aching like crazy and I could hardly walk! I somehow twisted my right ankle and knee during the jungle-trekking... So had to call my boss and told her that I'm in too much pain that I can't go to work. :P

Throat started feeling very dry on Saturday, Apr 12. Feeling worried and not wanting the condition to worsen, I visited the doctor immediately to relieve the condition. But too late, it's not helping and by the very next day, I started having fever, losing my voice and developed coughing. Gone case!

Story cut short, I ended up not being able to speak for 1 whole week due to inflammed vocal cord. And mind you, it was painful - more than you could ever imagine. Painkiller didn't really help, so you know how bad it was.

Anyway, I totally lost my beautiful voice, and couldn't even manage a squeak! If you're wondering how'd I survived the 1 week, well, I communicated with everyone via texting on my mobile phone. Hahahaa...

To bring back my voice and heal the infection in my vocal cord, I had to undergo 2 separate courses of antibiotics. The 1st course didn't help. So the 2nd course, which was a stronger and better version, did something - thank goodness. Yeah, by the way, I was made to rest for that whole week. :P

Thereafter, I walked around sounding like a broken machine for 2 weeks. Coughing continued till 3 days ago, which lasted a month. :P

Oh yeah, one more thing not to be left out... As mentioned earlier, I jungle-trekked for 8 hours. So my poor toenails were put under constant pressure against the front of my shoes. Imagine that... By the end of the day, all of them were red and swollen. The pain was almost unbearable! The very next day, my left big toenail started showing blood clot. It hurts each time I walk, never fails. And I still have it even now. :P

But despite all that, no regrets! :D Crazy? Don't know.

No comments: