Monday, May 12, 2008

BABY MALTESE

We visited a petshop to buy food for Margaret on Saturday evening. It was late and the shop was closing. So B grabbed the food and went to the counter to pay. And me, as usual, would stray to the pets area. Hehehee... And by the way, Margaret is our 4-year-old guinea pig.

Anyway, it's our first time to this shop and it's a great surprise to find that they have so many types of puppy breeds in store. And all of them are like few months old! How precious! Anyway, we couldn't stay long to look at the puppies 'cus like I said they were closing.


We went back the next day to have a good look at the puppies. One of them on offer is a 3-month-old Maltese puppy! I asked the sales attendance if I could hold her and he said sure. Placed her on my arms and I was inlove. :> She's really so tiny and delicate, with hair so silky that I can hardly feel it. And the face is so beautiful. We just bonded instantly! Even B fell inlove 'cus she's just so adorable and melts into our arms. So we were like, "Bring her home?"

Eventually, we decided on her. But there's a tiny problem, she's coughing a little. So the sales attendance told us that we can place a deposit first, while she's staying back to be treated. Once she's well again, we can bring her home. And we did.

But now that she's not at home with us, it gave us time to have second thoughts. :P Then the part on added responsibilities and also finding a spot for her and where to potty train, etc. started to frown upon us. Oops, too late? There's a lot of adjustments to be made and stuffs, whether we're ready for all that? But I've always wanted a Maltese though... As you can see from my profile, she's one of my favourite things.

Anyway, we'll have time to think it through until when the shop calls. Till then, there's still chance to turn back. 'Cus afterall, we've not paid the full amount yet. So... By the way, this baby Maltese costs a whopping RM1980. RM1000 more as compared to other breeds like Silky Terrier, Shih Tzu, Jack Russell and alike - which only cost RM980 each. So yeah, it's a pinch and I actually wondered whether it's really worth the investment. Or should I settle for a more economical breed?

All that said, Maltese is still my favourite. So not gonna settle for anything less. And we shall see, whether I'd actually keep her eventually. Stay tuned for my decision!

1 comment:

jasonow said...

You should post Baby Maltese picture in your blog so we can see it... Must be very very cute. I trust your choice !

P/S: RM1980 is expensive !!