Monday, March 17, 2008

AWAY FROM EACH OTHER

B joined a new company today. To mark his first day, he is required to travel to Barcelona for 3 weeks. Sigh... He’s at the airport now actually. The flight is scheduled to depart at 11.25pm.

I should be happy for him, I know. But this is the very first time that we have to be apart after we’re married, so it’s hard... Really, really hard... By the way, we’ve been married for a year and 4 months now. Time flies, eh?

Anyway, I’m back home at parents’. B sent me off earlier at the airport this afternoon. He thinks that I’d be able to adjust to the change better here. So at least I won’t be home alone, feeling depressed and indulging in self-pity. Most importantly, my parents can help to take my mind off it by keeping me occupied, feeding me good food, etc... And I have to admit that it is working so far. Well at least for now. :P By the way, I’ll be here for one whole week. :>

All that said, being apart from B is not a totally bad thing afterall. It actually has its good points too! Know why? ‘Cus he bought me a new notebook! Hahahaa... Good exchange, right? I won't get to see him for 3 weeks, but I get to keep the notebook for as long as I want. But mind you, I'm not a person who is so easily influenced by material gratifications! Haven't you heard of "distance makes the heart fonder"?? ;P

Anyway, the last time he was away in Chennai, he got me my baby guinea pig, Margaret.

Now I wonder... What will I be getting next when he travels again? ;P Perhaps I should start a wish list! Hehehee...

By the way, miss u, B... And thank you for the notebook! ;P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little baby. Yes, please submit your wish list... although I already have a good idea of what's next.. JULIE.....

Annette K said...

just an update from me.

i got my "JULIE" alright. but we've decided to name her chloe instead. :P hehee...